EveryYouth exists because people like you kindly support us. Consequently, your trust is essential to our success. We are committed to maintaining your trust which means protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we use it for. This policy sets out how and why EveryYouth uses your personal data, and how we keep it private and secure.
Personal data is information that identifies you or can be used to identify you. This policy relates to EveryYouth’s use of personal information collected on our website, via social media or any personal information you provide to use by phone, SMS, email, in letters, in person and any personal information we may collect about you indirectly.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use your personal data please contact us by email at email@example.com
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contact details, including your address, phone number and email address
- Dates of birth
- Financial information (via donations)
- Emergency contact and health information (for some event sign-ups)
Most of the personal information we process is given to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To process donations and Gift Aid
- To keep you updated with our work and fundraising appeals (unless you ask us not to)
- To enhance, tailor and personalise our communications to you
- To improve the performance of our website and the experience of website visitors
- To deliver relevant online advertising
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted.
Your contact information is securely stored using Salesforce.
We keep email addresses for 2 years. After that we will re-seek consent of inactive email addresses.
We will not share your personal information with any third party, unless you give us consent to do so.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk